Creating More Welcoming Commercial Spaces
LED is becoming a popular choice for the brighter, more clarifying light it provides.
People want to feel safe in public. The more safe and secure customers feel in your commercial space or business, the more likely they are to spend more time there and return.
Bright and well-illuminated spaces have a positive impact on people’s perception of safety. Everyone’s happier in the light – studies have shown that people are much more likely to enter a space that is brightly lit and are more hesitant and uncomfortable in dim spaces. On the other hand, dimly lit spaces can evoke hesitation and discomfort, potentially deterring customers from fully engaging with the environment.
LED lighting, with its superior brightness and clarity, addresses these concerns effectively. LED lights provide ample illumination that enhances visibility and creates a welcoming atmosphere. The crisp and vibrant light produced by LEDs can transform the ambiance of a commercial space, making it feel more inviting and secure.
Color Rendering Index
One of the key distinctions between LEDs and traditional lighting options lies in their color temperature and color rendering index (CRI), which significantly impact the quality of light they emit. LED lighting offers distinct advantages in terms of these factors, providing a more accurate representation of colors and enhancing the overall visual experience.
Color temperature refers to the perceived warmth or coolness of light. LEDs offer a wide range of color temperatures, allowing you to select the ideal lighting ambiance for your space. Whether you prefer a warm, cozy atmosphere or a cool, refreshing one, LEDs can provide the perfect lighting temperature to suit your needs.
Moreover, LEDs excel in their high color rendering index (CRI) compared to other traditional light sources. CRI measures how accurately light renders the true colors of objects as they would appear under natural light. LED lighting boasts the highest CRI of any conventional bulb, ensuring that colors are displayed vividly and accurately. This feature is particularly valuable in areas where color distinction is crucial, such as retail spaces, art galleries, or workplaces where accurate color perception is essential for tasks.
The exceptional color rendering capability of LEDs makes them highly suitable for a variety of applications, including parking lots and garages. By providing clear and accurate lighting, LEDs enhance visibility and improve safety in these spaces. With better illumination, drivers can navigate parking areas more easily, reducing the risk of accidents or security concerns. Additionally, pedestrians feel more comfortable and secure when moving through well-lit parking lots or garages, promoting a sense of safety.
You can read more about that here.
Some Facts About LED Lighting
- An LED bulb can last for over 25,000 hours and some can last up to 50,000 hours. An incandescent bulb lasts about 1,200. Off the bat, that’s a savings of about 20 light bulbs. While the initial investment is a little bit higher, their long lifespan is an obvious money saver.
- LEDs can last up to twenty years, which is fifteen times longer than traditional bulbs. LED bulbs operate on a lower wattage than traditional bulbs, making them less expensive to power. That means a lower electric bill for your business.
- If you run one incandescent bulb for five hours a day over two years, it will cost you about $32 for that single bulb. The same amount of hours over two years with an LED bulb will come out to about $12.
- LEDs are made from non-toxic materials. They contain no mercury, unlike traditional fluorescent bulbs. The presence of mercury in those bulbs presents a risk to manufacturers and consumers alike.
- LEDs consume low amounts of power which means a lower electric bill. Less energy use and heat waste make a big difference in the long run, both financially and environmentally.
- LEDs are much safer and more cost-effective than incandescent or fluorescent lighting. They can even run on low-voltage power with a solar energy source.
- Additionally, they produce virtually no UV emissions. Instead, they produce their energy in the visible spectrum. This means LEDs are perfect for illuminating UV sensitive items like art that can break down and become damaged if exposed to these emissions.
Initially, LEDs were very expensive. Manufacturing processes have since made their production simpler and more affordable. As concerns heighten about the health of the environment, LED lights are one easy way to reduce your carbon footprint while saving you and your company a lot of money.
Working with Bay Lighting
Your commercial LED lighting project may qualify for a rebate or financial incentive. Lighting rebates can greatly reduce your overall cost and energy output. We have partnerships with, and are authorized participants in the following utilities and programs:
- BGE Smart Energy Savers Program
- Pepco Smart Energy Program
- DC Sustainable Energy Utility (DCSEU) Energy-Efficient Program
To learn more about how much you can save on your commercial LED lighting installation, contact Bay Lighting and speak with a lighting consultant today.