Creating More Welcoming Commercial Spaces
LED is becoming a popular choice for the brighter, more clarifying light it provides.
People want to feel safe in public. The more safe and secure customers feel in your commercial space or business, the more likely they are to spend more time there and return. Everyone’s happier in the light – studies have shown that people are much more likely to enter a space that is brightly lit and are more hesitant and uncomfortable in dim spaces.
Color Rendering Index
A major difference in what LEDs provide vs. traditional lighting is color temperature and color rendering index (CRI). High CRI illuminates your space very close to the way it would appear in natural light. LED has a higher CRI than any other type of traditional bulb. These factors make LEDs more able to provide clear lighting, making for safer, more comfortable spaces, like parking lots and garages. You can read more about that here.
Some Facts About LED Lighting
- An LED bulb can last for over 25,000 hours and some can last up to 50,000 hours. An incandescent bulb lasts about 1,200. Off the bat, that’s a savings of about 20 light bulbs. While the initial investment is a little bit higher, their long lifespan is an obvious money saver.
- LEDs can last up to twenty years, which is fifteen times longer than traditional bulbs. LED bulbs operate on a lower wattage than traditional bulbs, making them less expensive to power. That means a lower electric bill for your business.
- If you run one incandescent bulb for five hours a day over two years, it will cost you about $32 for that single bulb. The same amount of hours over two years with an LED bulb will come out to about $12.
- LEDs are made from non-toxic materials. They contain no mercury, unlike traditional fluorescent bulbs. The presence of mercury in those bulbs presents a risk to manufacturers and consumers alike.
- LEDs consume low amounts of power which means a lower electric bill. Less energy use and heat waste make a big difference in the long run, both financially and environmentally.
- LEDs are much safer and more cost-effective than incandescent or fluorescent lighting. They can even run on low-voltage power with a solar energy source.
- Additionally, they produce virtually no UV emissions. Instead, they produce their energy in the visible spectrum. This means LEDs are perfect for illuminating UV sensitive items like art that can break down and become damaged if exposed to these emissions.
Initially, LEDs were very expensive. Manufacturing processes have since made their production simpler and more affordable. As concerns heighten about the health of the environment, LED lights are one easy way to reduce your carbon footprint while saving you and your company a lot of money.
Working with Bay Lighting
Your commercial LED lighting project may qualify for a rebate or financial incentive. Lighting rebates can greatly reduce your overall cost and energy output. We have partnerships with, and are authorized participants in the following utilities and programs:
- BGE Smart Energy Savers Program
- Pepco Smart Energy Program
- DC Sustainable Energy Utility (DCSEU) Energy-Efficient Program
To learn more about how much you can save on your commercial LED lighting installation, contact Bay Lighting and speak with a lighting consultant today.